Back on the Grind

I don't really like summer. There's too little to do and too much time. I can't quite find the will to do something productive, but the feelings that I am not doing enough with my time always looms over me (sometimes I wonder what will become of me when I enter the workforce). Even as I supposedly made progress on my career through an internship over the summer, the sense that I was just degenerating away was omnipresent.

Of course, I worked hard while I was on the clock. Nothing gets me going like the obligation to do something. Thankfully, I feel obliged to do a lot of things. Unfortunately, none of those things involve staying busy in the summer.

That's why I love school so much. Nothing is quite as absolute in my mind as the grade that I get at the end of the semester. Deadlines and requirements are the Popes in my religion of school. I don't think I've ever turned in anything late. On top of that, I get to attend a rigorous school. When all of my work is done, I won't have to feel bad about indulging a little bit.

-Post by Kai

Comments

  1. I'll drink to that as someone who's going stir crazy in his house waiting for his school to start :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment